Crown Estate Scotland is responsible for managing
- 37,000 hectares of rural land with agricultural tenancies, residential and commercial properties and forestry on four rural estates (Glenlivet, Fochabers, Applegirth and Whitehill)
- Salmon fishing rights on many Scottish rivers
- Around half the foreshore around Scotland including 5,800 moorings and some ports and harbours
- Leasing of virtually all seabed out to 12 nautical miles covering some 750 fish farming sites and agreements with cables & pipeline operators
- The rights to offshore renewable energy and gas and carbon storage out to 200 nautical miles
- Retail and office units at 39-41 George Street Edinburgh
Assets are held ‘in right of The Crown’ and the Monarch remains the legal owner. We ensure that the assets are developed and enjoyed sustainably to deliver long-term value for communities and for the nation.